Tri Cities Dog Training Club of Saginaw Bay, Inc. was organized in 1972 as a non-profit organization. We own, train, and show our own dogs and promote the sport of obedience by offering the community an obedience training program for all purebred and mixed breed dogs at all levels of training. We take pride in the fact that we have enabled hundreds of dog owners in the area to enjoy the advantages of owning a well-trained dog.
We accomplish this by teaching YOU how to train your dog. Our qualified instructors explain and then demonstrate each required exercise. This process is step-by-step learning, which results in a positive attitude for both the dog and trainer. Of course, those who set aside the necessary time to practice, and use that time effectively with proper praise achieve the best success. Your key to success depends on your commitment to our program.
Whether your goal is to train your dog to be a happy, responsive pet; or to become more involved in the sport of obedience, we welcome the opportunity to help you and your dog achieve your training goals. Our classes range from puppy to highly advanced levels of training. You'll find descriptions of each class on the Class Information page, with links there to the Class Schedules and Registration form.
The club has a lot to offer it's members. Although many of our members train and compete in Obedience, competition is not required to be a member of the club. There are members who choose to train their dogs just for the fun of it and for the love of their dog.
Membership privileges include:
- informational and instructional classes
- training classes at half price
- monthly club meetings
- monthly communications containing meeting minutes, club business, updates, etc.
- library privileges with the T.C.D.T.C. library
- participation in demonstrations, show-n-go's, and T.C.D.T.C.'s annual AKC Obedience trial
- annual Christmas banquet and July picnic
- annual membership banquet including awards and trophy ceremony
- club training equipment at wholesale price
- free classes for members who instruct a class, and class discounts or practice floor time for those who assist instructors
- club members with experience in training, competing, and behavior that can offer suggestions and assistance with training problems
We do expect our members to take advantage of everything our club has to offer, and to participate as much as possible in club functions and business.
- attending meetings; General Membership meetings are the second Thursday of each month; E-Board metings are the second Thursday of even numbered months prior to the General Membership meeting; meetings are extremely important as they guide the workings and functions of the club and we need members' input
- helping to set up or take down equipment on class nights; if you take a class at a reduced rate, you are expected to help on those nights
- participation in show-n-go's, demos, seminars
- participation in the annual AKC Obedience trial
- chairing a committee
- becoming an E-board member or officer
- attending the Holiday banquet, July picnic, and Awards Banquet
- assisting an instructor in class
- possibly instructing a class if qualified
- encouraging and cultivating new members
Check our Calendar of Events for Meeting Schedules and other information on what's happening this year with T.C.D.T.C.
Constitution and Bylaws
Click the above link for the TCDTC Constitution and Bylaws in PDF format.
Click the above link for a downloadable membership application form.