Tri Cities Dog Training Club of Saginaw Bay
We’ve been training you to train your dog since 1972.
Tri Cities Dog Training Club of Saginaw Bay, Inc. was organized in 1972 as a non-profit organization. We own, train, and show our own dogs and promote the sport of obedience by offering the community an obedience training program for all purebred and mixed breed dogs at all levels of training. We take pride in the fact that we have enabled hundreds of dog owners in the area to enjoy the advantages of owning a well-trained dog.
We accomplish this by teaching YOU how to train your dog. Our qualified instructors explain and then demonstrate each required exercise. This process is step-by-step learning, which results in a positive attitude for both the dog and trainer. Of course, those who set aside the necessary time to practice, and use that time effectively with proper praise achieve the best success. Your key to success depends on your commitment to our program.
Whether your goal is to train your dog to be a happy, responsive pet or to become more involved in the sport of obedience, we welcome the opportunity to help you and your dog achieve your training goals. Our classes range from puppy to highly advanced levels of training. You’ll find descriptions of each class on the Class Information page, with links there to the Class Schedules and Registration form.
The club has a lot to offer its members. Although many of our members train and compete in Obedience, competition is not required to be a member of the club. There are members who choose to train their dogs just for the fun of it and for the love of their dog.
Membership privileges include:
- Informational and instructional classes
- Discount on class registrations
- Monthly club meetings
- Monthly communications of the club
- Library privileges with the T.C.D.T.C. library
- Participation in demonstrations, show-n-go’s, and T.C.D.T.C.’s annual AKC Obedience trials
- Seminars of special interest
- Annual December holiday banquet and July picnic
- Annual membership banquet including awards and trophy ceremonies
- Club training equipment at wholesale price
- Free classes for members who instruct a class, and class discounts or practice floor time for those who assist instructors
- Ongoing interaction with club members with experience in training, competing, and behavior that can offer suggestions and assistance with training problems
We do expect our members to take advantage of everything our club has to offer, and to participate as much as possible in club functions and business.
Becoming a member:
- Get to know us by attending TCDTC classes and monthly meetings.
- Obtain the sponsorship of 2 active members in good standing for your application.
- Complete the application and submit to one of your sponsors for presentation at the club monthly meeting.
- Following club monthly membership approval vote, pay dues.
- Attending meetings: General Membership meetings are the second Thursday of each month
- Helping to set up or take down equipment on class nights; if you take a class at a reduced rate, you are expected to help on those nights
- Participation in special seminars, assist with Obedience Trials
- Chairing a committee, serving on a committee
- Becoming an Executive (E-board) Board member or officer
- Attending and assisting with the Holiday banquet, July picnic, and/or the Spring Awards Banquet
- Assisting an instructor in class
- Possibly instructing a class if qualified
- Encouraging and cultivating new members
Check our Calendar of Events for Meeting Schedules and other information on what’s happening this year with T.C.D.T.C.